Reino Hayes Becker

Reino Hayes Becker

Monday, June 28, 2010

2 years - everything from 16 months!

I have been so busy that I haven't slowed down enough to let Mommy update my blog. I get into all sorts of things now. Yesterday, I mastered being able to climb out of my crib when I am ready to GO! No more waiting on Momma or Daddy to come get me. I can crawl or "jump" out and then go open the door and find them! Usually they are in bed, or they are doing something around the house.

I am starting to say a lot more too. Momma and Daddy don't see to completely understand everything I say, but that's OK. If I say it louder and with more urgency - they finally get the picture and do what I want them to do! Remember, I control them!

I have had a lot go on since Month 16! I got to be Yoda for Halloween. I really enjoyed walking around from house to house to get candy. I got pretty good at it. Momma said I was lucky because it was a very nice night. I got to see all the neighbors before Winter hit! I didn't eat a lot of the candy because I didn't really know what it was. I am eating more real food now - but I am not a big eater, so Momma has a tough time figuring out what I like. I love Bananas! But not everyday! I'm still growing, so there is not much anyone can say!

We stayed home for Thanksgiving. Momma had been sick a lot of November, but I didn't mind b/c she stayed home with me. I would crawl up in her bed and watch TV with her. Momma and Daddy also started working on cleaning up the basement so I would have my own play room. They started painting the walls and put in a soft alphabet floor for me. Everyday I was allowed to go down there, there was something new. It was crazy! Daddy also bought me a flat screen TV. I can go downstairs, play with my cars and trains and watch the movie Cars!

Christmas came and Grandy and Grandpa Becker came back from Hilton Head. They stayed at our house for 2 weeks. It was great to spend so much time with them. I got a lot of stuff for Christmas. I didn't really know what to do with all of my toys - but I did love each and everyone one of them. When I went to take my nap, I came back downstairs and they had put a trainset in the room. I LOVED it! It also has a drawer that stores anything else I want to put in there. I also got puzzles and word games. I am not sure what Momma and Daddy think I am going to do with those when I really just want to play with transportation toys!

After Christmas, my cousins came into town from Chicago. They brought me some wooden puzzles and a blow up Bozo the clown. I had so much fun playing with them! They could really show me how to play!! They stayed for a couple of days and we all played and played. They also brought their two dogs, so I got to pretend I had a pet, or two or three!

At the beginning of January, Momma and Daddy went to Las Vegas. I had Ms. Katie and Ms. Asal stay with me. They were so much fun! They fed me and played with me and let me watch cartoons! It was a lot of fun! But I was glad when Momma and Daddy got back! It was COLD in January. So there was a lot of playing inside. Grandy was in town, so she came over a lot to play with me after daycare. We had a lot of fun. She bought me a book that I get to put stickers in and we do that every night. I have "Cars" stickers and "Thomas the Train" stickers, and stickers of horses and other animals. I also got another haircut in January. I met Mrs Weigel's daughter and she played with me at the salon. It was a lot of fun and I looked handsome after! I also found I could be VERY helpful when Momma was doing laundry. I can take everything out of the washer and throw it on the ground! And I can do the same thing with the dryer. I am actually getting good at opening the doors to the Washer and the Dryer. Sometimes I just do it to see if anyone notices! I also like to push the buttons. I don't really know what I am doing, but I like to see the shiney lights change as I push different buttons!

February - and winter continues. We stayed in a lot and sometimes we would go to dinner. My favorite place is Red Robin. I like the french fries and the onion rings. In fact, I like french fries about anywhere I go! One thing I will eat! I do love to dip them in sauces. Ketchup, ranch dressing....whatever! It drives Grandy Becker crazy that I don't eat a lot. But sometimes, I just don't feel like it! I also like tortilla chips and salsa. Momma and Daddy also bought me my very own portable DVD player. It makes it much easier for us to go to dinner. It entertains me and they get to enjoy a nice meal!

March - A few nice days started to appear and we started to get to go outside at daycare. I would be so tired by the time I got home that I would go to bed almost immediately! Of course, that fresh air was GREAT! I had forgotten what fresh air was! Momma and Daddy also got a new car. I am very good about pointing to the cars and saying "Momma's Car" or "Daddy's Car!" Momma and Daddy also took me to the park a lot. I loved going down the slide. I had to carry my cars with me everywhere. I am very good at climbing up ladders with cars in my hands! Momma thinks that this is teaching me something valuable for something later in life!

April was a big month. On Easter, The Schiers came into town and stayed with us. Sydney and Caden showed me how to hunt Easter Eggs. Caden also showed me how to climb on that big hill of dirt in the back of the yard! Now that was fun! We played outside all day and watched movies downstairs in the basement. They also played with my toys in the basement. I learned a LOT from them! Momma and Daddy took me down to Hilton Head for a week and a half. They drove all night thinking that I would sleep through it - but I had other plans! I preferred to stay awake. I really didn't want to sleep unless I was curled up in Momma's lap. So, out of the 14 hour trip - I basically watched movies all night and slept for maybe 3 or 4 hours. When we got to Hilton Head, I got to see Grandy again. I played with my cars, took Daisy for walks, went to the pool and the ocean and had a great time. My other cousin's from Boston came in and I got to play with them. Uncle Al took me to the park one day. Aunt Cathy, Elizabeth, Grandy Becker and Grandpa Becker took me to the petting zoo. We all went to the beach and I could put sand where ever I wanted! I also got to play in the ocean a little bit. I met some very nice dogs that reminded me of Akira. I got to play with Cousin Albert too. He is so big! I had a lot of fun with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins!

We had my 2 year old birthday party. I got a LOT of cars for my birthday and I got my very own cake! I took a few bites of the frosting and I was done. But it was fun having everyone sing happy birthday to me and Grandpa helped me blow out the candles. Mom and Dad got me a Hot Wheel case to put away my cars. I wasn't too interested in that. That would mean I couldn't hold my cars in my hands everywhere I go. That is what I do - hold cars in my hands everywhere I go. Momma thinks there is a skill I am going to learn from this by beting able to climb and do just about anything w/o the use of my hands because I am always using them to hold my cars. I just can't let them go!

No comments: