Reino Hayes Becker

Reino Hayes Becker

Friday, May 9, 2008

Week 3 - Grandma Hayes Visit

Grandma Hayes stayed with me for 10 days after Grandpa left. We had a great time. Each morning I spent quality time cuddling with Grandma while she had her coffee and watched the news. She helped my momma during the day. She would help burp me and change my diaper. She also took my doggy Akira for walks every day. Grandma said she loved to be up here because there are so many trees and there isn't a lot of wind. I didn't really understand what she was talking about, but my momma said that I would understand when I get bigger and I go to the farm in Kansas.

I went with Grandma and Momma to go get their pedicures. I thought the place smelled funny, but I didn't mind, I basically slept through the whole thing. After they were finished, we went to eat with my Daddy at Moe's. It's Mexican food. Momma said that they ate this every Sat while she was pregnant with me. She said that Mexican food made her feel better since I made her so sick during the 9 months.

Grandma also helped cook and clean the house while Momma was taking care of me. She made Momma's favorite - Coconut Cream Pie. I guess it is Grandpa Becker's favorite too - so he was happy to come over and eat some of it also!

Grandma went with Momma and I when we went to Momma's company - Synacor. I got to see a lot of people. I slept thru most of the visit - but I got to see where Momma works and I got to meet all the people that she spends all her time with. I felt very loved already. I wonder if she will take me to work??















We also went on our first walk in the neighborhood. I got to use the stroller that Grandpa and Grandma Hayes bought me. Aunt Gay gave me the car seat. We use that every day almost!










Sometimes my hands and arms are out of control. I love to have them up by my face. This is how my hands and arms ended up at the end of the walk. Momma says when I get older and know what I am doing, I am not allowed to do this.









Grandma thinks I am so cute with my hands near my face. She calls this one my "thinking" pose!


She also loves when I link my fingers together to hold my hands in place. She thinks I am talented because I can do this at such a young age!

We gave grandma a massage for her Mother's Day present and as a Thank You for helping take care of Momma and me for so long. So Daddy and Momma had their FIRST PARENT ROOKIE MISTAKE after we dropped her off to get the massage - they were going to run errands while she got her massage. They had to go to the Gallaria Mall and did not have a Baby Bjorn or stroller...LESSON LEARNED: Never leave the house without another method to carry a baby beyond the car seat. Both Daddy and Momma says the car seat is HEAVY!

I had my second Dr's appt the day before Grandma flew home. I didn't grow in height, but I did gain weight. I am not 8 lbs, 7oz! I have surpassed my birth weight! I also peed all over the exam room...including the nurse! Of course, Momma didn't bring in the diaper bag when we went in, so Daddy had to go get it out of the car after I had peed all over the place!

On the Grandma's last night, Grandpa and Grandy Becker, Daddy and Momma took her to their favorite restaurant - Tantulus in East Aurora. The next day we had to take Grandma to the airport. I was very sad again. I am beginning to not like the airport because we are always dropping off the special people in my life!

















No comments: